December 16, 2017, 12:43:28 PM

Author Topic: All events posted by bot on IRC/discord channel  (Read 676 times)

Jimmy86

• View Profile
    • Awards
All events posted by bot on IRC/discord channel
« on: October 21, 2016, 10:33:54 PM »
Now it was awhile I was on IRC but I think that would be the best place for something like this.

It would make it easier for everyone to follow and see when a new law proposal is put in a country where, when and what. For example a bot saying that it's a law proposal, what kind of law and link to it. It would be even better if it showed attacks and RW started and when they end who won.

EXAMPLE:
Bot: LAW PROPOSAL: Croatia declare war on Austria 20:11:23 - https://www.erevollution.com/en/country/law/16/Croatia/14477
Bot: BATTLE: Sweden conquered Western Finland in a war vs Lithuania 20:11:23 - LINK TO BATTLEFIELD

It would be great from information perspective for everyone that wants to know what happening in the eWorld and more people would have time to play the game and still get information what is going on, because people that don't understand what is going on get bored and lose interest.

Another alternative would be official discord server with a bot that can do this. Maybe it's even possible now if there is APIs necessary and someone is interested into help making such a bot on IRC or discord.

Positive
  • Information quickly for everyone
  • More people would have time to play the game and still get information what is going on
  • eRev team would have bigger opportunities to reach out to more and the most active players easy(because they WILL be there no matter nationality
  • Have a solid base channel/server to recruit new players and where everyone easy can find a mod/admin
  • eRevolution will gain bigger official IRC or discord channel with a lot more people and revival of the comminity when most moved to discord private channels.
  • People in gov do not have to go and check every country administration page many times everyday which takes time. People lack time which result in loss of good leaders that have to spend too much time at the game and have to prio something else than the game and might quit

Negative
  • Will probably take time to create bot and not sure if all APIs necessary exists

PS. I did steal the idea from another game so some might recognize it already, and will confirm that it was very good.

I am aware about the event page, but think it would be good with proposals also. For example if some country declare war or something similar.

Kind regards
Jimmy86
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 09:47:48 AM by Jimmy86 »

OwYea

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: All events posted by bot on IRC/discord channel
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 05:32:58 AM »
As u mention ,bots do work from api so they have to create an api for laws than someone can work on the bot.

Jimmy86

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 08:47:12 AM »
Because I think this would be an opportunity for eRevolution to get a chat on IRC or Discord to "collect players" and have a closer connection with players. It would be a good beginning and platform because people from every country would have a representative there to gain information in realtime. Then the platform can be used to reach out with information as well because it is not same as a forum.

And a bot with this kind of information would be easiest way to bring almost everyone there I think.

Kinyas

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 12:51:57 PM »
Support

Jimmy86

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 06:18:52 AM »
I have spoken with people that would be up for project but it is impossible without the APIs necessary. And if eRev-team just release the APIs you won't gain all the benefits so that is why I propose eRev-team hand-pick someone that are up for the job to make the bot and APIs and introduce the bot and the new APIs it with an official irc/discord channel and it will quickly become the centre of eRev. You will be first with a working bot and thats why people would go to your channel instead of other even it probably would pop up others later on.

giovinco10

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 06:37:18 PM »
Very good idea. Nice facilitation to politicans